Saturday 22 March 2014

Decoupage comic book bag


Well it's turns out that gluing and sticking is quite addictive. I started to look at what else I could make and was very tempted to make some decoupage shoes. Practicality got the better of me and I decided that they may not be suitable to wear in most places/weathers.  I settled on a decoupage bag instead.  I do love bags and have far too many according to my husband, although I'm not sure you can ever have too many.   I managed to find a retro style vinyl bag in a local charity shop.  I think it was £1.50.  I sanded it down a little to take off the shine and got sticking.  Admittedly it was a bit tricky with the bag's curves.  Some bits got a bit soggy in the process but I got there in the end.  The bag is still usable, although the pictures on the flap have some slight creasing.  I love this bag.  I've used it a fair bit and it makes me smile when I see it (I have it hanging up in my bedroom).  Success I reckon :-)







There are loads of mod podge projects on the web and its difficult not to be inspired.  My bag and bowl were both made for a few pounds each and didn't take much time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment